Friday, February 10, 2017

Latest Obsession

It took me a while to figure out I hadn't been here in a long time.

OOOPS!

I've been working on quilting.  It has become an obsession of sorts.  It's been growing into a monster, that has me working at increasing skill and accuracy, as well as trying to learn designing.

In the past few months I've completed a few quilts by hand, and just this week completed 4 quilt tops for a ministry, with a couple more to go and then quilt them (most likely machined).

I also even completed a log cabin cross quilt by hand that I'd started last spring, and it is hubby's lap quilt now.  Then, out came the hexagon quilt I started 4 years ago and put away last spring when it got too hot to work under while hand quilting.  It's been getting a few stitches a day lately to work at getting it completed this year.

Last summer I was blessed beyond all measure with a half of a room full of fabric, as well as lots of cotton shirts and linens and so on that were given to be used in quilts for missions and charity.  I'm trying to make good and make plenty, as well as learn more along the way.

That's the fun part--the learning new techniques and designs and blocks and so on!

Right now I'm in the middle of learning how to reduce patterns, from full sized blocks down to mini blocks to make little quilts.  We're talking baby sized and below.  I love working with tiny pieces--yes, I'm odd lol.

You can see all the work that's been going on while away from here on my Instagram account at the top of the page.  You'll even see a cute cat or two that helps me.

I only wish there were more hours in the day so I could do quilting/piecing on a full time basis.  I have so many ideas to put on paper and make to designs that it's like an adhd moment with them all running around willy nilly.

What have you been up to lately?  I've missed you all!!!!




If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!