Monday, January 2, 2017

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Star Struck!

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Star Struck!: Stitch a "Star-Struck" Quilt! (Click HERE for printer-friendly .pdf file) This quilt is Sew ...



I've been busy making quilts, and planning on doing at least 6 to 10 this year, minimum of 6 new ones.  I've fallen in love with the scrappy looks from Bonnie Hunter, Thimbleberries, and Little Quilts designs.  


Most of my time has been spent with the needle and thread working on hand quilted quilts.  The current one is to go to a raffle, and the next is one I finished the top to and started quilting on but put aside to work on another project...this year it will get finished!  There is a 3rd one to finish, one I started as a Grandmother's Flower Garden back in September of 2013.  It's still pinned and partially quilted.

This has become an obsession, creating soft comforts from fabrics of all kinds, from the brand new quilter's cottons to the recycled shirt and everything in between.  I've recycled battings, pieced new batting from scraps, used fleece, etc as well.

This year my goal is to work more precise, take my time and make sure all is done well, and to use inspirational embroideries in my work.  There are some Australian pattern designers, such as Elefantz Designs on Craftsy, that have sweet patterns that are economical and take you back to your bible.  I like that!

To see my work, look through my Instagram account, with the name Sunny Patch Cottage. I don't use the big camera much anymore, just the little one on my cheap phone.

Happy New Year!  May it be a good one!


 If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today! Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!