Monday, September 5, 2016

I Am Going To A City







I am going to a city
Where the roses never fade,
Here they bloom but for a season,
Soon their beauty is decayed;
Where the tree of life is blooming
And the roses never fade.

I am going to a city
Where the roses never fade,
Here they bloom but for a season,
Soon their beauty is decayed;
We'll be free from all temptations
Where the roses never fade.

I am going to a city
Where the roses never fade,
Loved ones gone to be with Jesus,
In their robes of white arrayed,
Now are waiting for my coming
Where the roses never fade. 

author unknown (if you know who it is, please share!)

shared at:  Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, What Joy Is Mine



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




4 comments:

  1. Angie - what a beautiful yet also somber poem. Your words are beautiful and rythmic, and yet, as I read it, it bring memories of losing loved ones who have gone on to be with Jesus. sad for me, yet joyous for them. Stopping by today from #MondayMusings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I don't know who the author is, I wish I could put words together so eloquently as the writer did. But it is a favorite hymn that I hear regularly on our radio and sing sometimes at church. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful poem!!! And of course I love that the rose is involved as it is my favorite! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!