Monday, April 18, 2016

Quilting Little Pieces Part 2

Stress can lead to productive habits.  I've been putting mine into cutting little pieces by scissors and/or rotary cutter, and then putting them together into blocks.


The process has been very relaxing!

I have spent many evenings sewing while the kids did activities or watched tv or movies.
After they went to bed I put in cds of preaching I picked up from the church library and listened to those while cutting and sewing.


This is a skill developing I thought I would never do.  Sewing clothing is an easy task but with quilting there are so precise seams that it is a bit intimidating.


I love the end result of the little pieces.

Has the Lord given you something you like to do that helps during stressful times?  If so, feel free to share in the comments section!

***note:  I am trying to work more with this blog from a phone app, so the layout may look a little different between the time I publish from phone and then get to a computer to fix photo sizes and layout problems.  It's a little easier to work on it from the phone during down time.  :)



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hobby to have! And good for stress relief too. My go-to activity is probably reading. I can always pick up a book and feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOh I love reading! I can get lost in a book and stay up waaaaaaaaay past bedtime reading! What kind of books do you like? I'm more of a non-fiction reader, especially with learning how to do things. It was books that taught me how to start quilting a few years ago. Hubby kinda wishes I'd have not checked out that book! lol

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!