Sunday, December 27, 2015

The One, The Only....Cheese Cake Shake!

It's been a very hectic, stressful, busy 2 months since I posted last.  A lot has happened, including a court hearing, ending homeschooling by force (more or less, it's a long story that I won't get into here), and having middle son going into a psychiatric residential treatment facility for a while.

In the midst of everything, God has been in control.  I've seen Him work in ways I wouldn't have imagined.

And He's helped me get started back on weight loss.

I mentioned in my last post 2 months ago that I had started checking out Trim Healthy Mama recipes.  I finally got to that in the past 3 weeks.  It started with the drinks.--Good Girl Moonshine, the Shrinker, and different shakes and coffees.  They have been amazing!  Granted I don't add cayenne to anything as in the recipes, but I instead go without it and enjoy the drinks.  I just started adding the ginger as in the recipes, but it's still kinda iffy.

Anyway, with the drinks, and working on more salads and more proteins in general, cutting out sugars and white bread, I lost weight.  This is without having the plan book.  I went from a tight 20 skirt down to the size 16W skirts I was in until summer.  The puffiness is gone from my legs, my skin feels much more hydrated, I don't look like a hormonal teenager (much) covered in pimples, and I feel great!

My plan book for THM came in a few days ago and I still need to sit down and read through it.  But I did thumb through and read here and there, and it seems quite compatible to a diabetic diet.  I can do that.  In fact I NEED to do that.

Now...you're probably wondering where the cheesecake shake comes in.  I mean, cheesecake AND a shake--doesn't that spell fattening and high calorie and super sweet?   Normally, yes.

I devised a little concoction, and I'm sure others have at some point too, as there is nothing new under the sun.  It's not in the THM cookbook, but it should have it's own special page--it tastes that good!


UPDATE:  Strawberry Cheesecake Shake is in the THM book.  But..my version isn't. :)  Anyhoo, give either a try, cheesecake is great regardless of recipe!


Recipe is:

 1 to 2 C milk (your choice of whatever you like, I've tried it with almond and various fat percentages cow's milk so far)

1 to 2 ounces fat free (or any fat content you prefer--it's your shake, have a blast) cream cheese

1/4 C. cottage cheese (again, whatever fat content you like)

Drizzle of vanilla extract

Sweetening of your choice

Blend this all together until totally liquified.  Add ice cubes if you want and blend some more if you want it thick.  If you want, use protein powder instead of cottage cheese--I personally prefer cottage cheese for the texture, and we also have it on hand to use up first.

Now..to make it even more flavorful--add a drizzle of caramel extract, strawberry extract, or cherry extract, or almond extract, or a combination of those--you will LOVE it!  For chocolate lovers, add in a teaspoon of unsweetened chocolate powder.

It passed the hubby test, and I have this drink for breakfast.  It's filling, it fills a quart mason jar, and it definitely doesn't spike blood sugar.

Whether or not this is "on plan" isn't really a huge concern of mine, but if it works for any of you all who are following Trim Healthy Mama, by all means use it and enjoy!

Well, it is nearing late night here, and I'll sign off for now.  I hope to return again soon.  :)


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know our children are in God's hands no matter where they are. I am learning that prayers are the best thing we can do (sometimes the only thing we can do).I pray you have continued success with your diet Angie. I am participating in a church "fast" which for me is day to day, sometimes giving up sweets or some other thing I really want.The important thing for me is to remember God knows my weaknesses & blesses me immensely, it's always about His grace & mercy, not my feeble efforts to please Him, though prayer & fasting & giving DO PLEASE HIM, when our motives are pure & by faith. Blessings to you & your loved ones! Love, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!