Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Trying Something Different....

Now, I am not for "fads".  I can't stand the fad diet stuff, the programs that require you do this or that or use only that source's products.  I've done the dieting thing for decades, since mom put me on one when I was 5 years old--so that'd be 33 years of dieting.  I've tried a good majority of things out there.

Since weight has crept back on over the summer and early fall with all the stress eating, making quick meals after a very exhausting day, and allowing more processed and prepackaged things into the house, I've decided to take a turn.

For my birthday a couple weeks ago, hubby purchased for me the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook.  Not the program book with all the rules and regulations, but just the recipes.  We found it at Christian Book Distributors for around $15.  Since it came in, I've had a little time to thumb through it, and the recipes look interesting.

I will say this--our budget does not allow for things like Gluccie (not sure what that even is, but if it's not on the shelf at the local grocery store and has to be ordered, it's not happening).  Glucomman is also something I won't be buying.  I researched and figured out that it's basically the non-gluten version of Metamucil.  Gluten is not a worry in our household, so the off brand of Benefiber or Metamucil is just fine, and a bit cheaper by a good 1/3--and we already keep it on hand.  The THM baking mix is not happening due to cost.  So, I will be substituting what is available in our budget range for our recipes.  I'm starting small and just doing here and there to work with what we have in the pantry as well as what our budget allows.

If you have tried the THM recipes, what has your experience been??

I am not a "program" person, so there's no chance of doing a big program.  I've tried doing a strict diet off and on through the years, even the diabetic diet (which I really need to do), which allows for tons of things....  I've failed each and every one with some gain back.  But, maybe if adding some more healthy recipes to the arsenal of tried/true ones helps, I'll give it a shot.

Here's to some healthy recipe trying!



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!