Thursday, June 11, 2015

Nine Months And Counting

Nooooooo--no baby!



It's been 9 months now since I started the Weight Loss Challenge.  While I have gained a little, I've still come a long way.  

The above picture shows the beginning, taken last summer, size 34W/36W.  The photo on the right was taken yesterday, 6/7/15.  The jumper is one I finished this weekend, quilter's cotton (so no give), with the bodice in an XL.  Now, it's still a long way to go until maintenance, but it is nice to see improvement along the way.  While I gained a few pounds (as shown on the tracker at the right side of the page), I've been working to remove them and their friends.  They have too many friends.  

In the past week or so, we brought in a new family member, named Oreo.  She's 5 or 6 weeks now, starting to get the green eyes, and is full of pee and vinegar.  She's getting spoiled rotten. 



Hubby said he didn't want another kitten.  Can you tell?

Oldest (18 years) and youngest together


Nap time in Mom's shoe

The middle cat wants nothing to do with her, the oldest is tolerating the little fuzz ball as long as she doesn't mess with the old girl's tail, which she twitches it seems just to make her play harder.

It's also gotten warmer in the past week or so, going from 60's during the day up to the 90's.  It's now pool season, and the fans are running bringing in the breeze from the shaded areas around the immediate perimeter of the house.  Monsoon season seems to be over after 10 inches of rain.  The flowers are blooming and taking off, although some did rot from the extreme water amounts.  The oregano and lemon balm are almost knee high now!  The grass is really coming back in with a vengeance, and it's nice to see a greened up yard with no standing water.  The herbs are loving all the moisture and are knee high now.  The mints have exploded again and are almost due for another hair cut.  The tiger lilies, Asiatic lilies, echinacea (cone flowers), and bush morning glories and yuccas are blooming out nice and giving nice color.  Hubby is anxiously awaiting his gladiolas to put on flowers, they were clearanced out bulbs from last summer and so this is their first year.  The greenery on them is doing great so we're hoping for plentiful stalks.  There's sunflowers growing in the shade in the back yard from workers eating seeds while tending to a septic issue in the winter.  They've put on their bloom and are rather pretty.  The mammoths in the front haven't reached maturity yet but are working on it.  Middle child plants them yearly and is proud to see those 12 foot tall flowers.

The kids have been keeping us busy to say the least!  There's been a camp so far for oldest and hubby, middle spent time with his biological dad, and youngest started summer school (volunteer, not because of a "have to" thing).  Then there's been swimming lessons, general swim time, yard work, walking around town on nice days to get to the library or other places, and hubby's work schedule, plus house work.  I've been spending evenings when possible sewing up some jumpers (or sleeveless dresses) to take to camp when I take youngest to her camp in a couple of weeks, as the dress code is dresses/culottes for all girls/women.  Then as we work into July there's hubby's camp where he works as the camp nurse and oldest son goes along, middle has another visit to dad's, and youngest goes to a school based one day a week "camp" to learn cool science things.

I've been very grateful for the activities I've been able to do with the kids.  Last year, I could not have walked even remotely as far with them as I have so far this year.  I also am not as heat intolerant as last year.  I'm able to handle the heat into the upper 90's and near 100 with a lot more ease than last year, and am not miserable and just wanting to loaf around anymore.  It's amazing how much just losing a small percentage of your body weight can do for you!

Oh--another awesome thing--I've been able to ditch the Cpap machine at night.  I've been attached to that machine for years, and couldn't lay down without the beast.  Now, I sleep easily without it.  It's a relief to not have to hook up to that thing.  I still snore some, but it's not the "oh my I can't breathe " feeling that I had even sitting up.  One more little victory!

Lately we've been listening to Jimmy DeYoung's audio cd's (from our church's library) as well as other evangelists who have visited and their messages are on cd and in the church library.  With middle child refusing to go into the church for services once I get him to the building, I end up with my Bible and a cd sermon late in the evenings after everyone's in bed.  I miss being able to sit and listen to services, sing with the congregation the old fashioned hymns, and be around other adults.  It's like a big part of my world is cut off when I don't get to be at church at least part of the week.  Middle child has his challenges, and I help him work through them when he is able to calm down and speak, but I also need the battery recharge to be able to help him as well.  So, out come the cd's.  I've also downloaded and put on cd some sermons and shows from the 'net from Fundamental Baptist pastors and radio hosts, as these are an encouragement and kind of fill in the gaps when I can't be with my church family.


How are you doing?  I hope you're having a great *almost* summer (or winter depending on where you are)!









If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all the good news Angie. The jumper looks nice and cool for summer. Sorry you are having difficulty getting to church...I'll pray about that for you. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!