Monday, June 15, 2015

How A TV Show Can Inspire

Here recently I was piecing on my quilt and flipped through the stations to see if anything decent was on.  I came up on a show called My 600 Pound Life.

I'll admit, I was interested in this.  It's not every day you see large folks putting their stories on tv.  So, after reading the information on the show, I turned it on and listened.

Then, I put the quilt to the side and started exercising by walking in place and doing mini squats and using the stretch band.

The show features stories of people who are near or over 600 pounds, who are wanting to change and work on regaining their health.  They do a gastric by pass surgery and the work afterward, and the show follows them through the ups and downs, with updates after a year.  While I didn't make it to 600 pounds (praise the Lord!), I can relate to some of the things the different people discussed and had problems with.

This series is motivating, I don't want to go back to the size I was, nor above that.  I don't want to be using a cane again when arthritis and minor injuries make it nearly impossible to walk.  I don't want the horrendous pain just with walking, standing, doing basic every day activities.  I enjoy breathing without huffing and puffing just walking across the house.  I don't want to get back to having the sores that seem to go deep and are very slow to heal, have yeast infections under fat rolls, having problems simply bathing and doing personal care, no energy to do anything, and so on.  I don't want to go back to having no life, no desire to go out into the community, no desire to do activities with the kids because of being ashamed of my size.

My 600 Pound Life has shown me a handful of people who got as large or larger than I, who fought the battle, and who weren't afraid to let it be put on tv for others.  I commend their bravery, for letting others see them as they were and are, seeing the ups and downs throughout the journey, and not being afraid to let others critique.

If you get a moment, take a look at the show's site, I hope you are as inspired by the stories as I have been.




If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Angie for sharing this, I agree it is so inspiring to see these shows and heart breaking to see what these people go through to loose weight. Thank you again for being such an inspiration to me. Blessings to you and yours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Angie, how are you going? I haven't heard from you in a while and I hope it is because you are enjoying your summer weather and that everything is going okay. Just know I think of you often. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here! I've been away a lot the past weeks, one week at camp and one and a half weeks sick with some yuck respiratory thing, and getting back in the swing of things. I've missed you too!! I take a look at our garden and think of you all and your hydroponics, and kinda wonder what it's like there right now. How have you been doing?????

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week away at camp and I am inspired by your motivation. I'm sorry you have been ill and I am glad you are over it and back to normal. We dig a big butchering job last weekend,. 9 pigs and 1 cow. It's was a huge job but our daughter and husband came and helped. We are all going okay but really struggling to get going in the morning, not sure if it's the winter weather or just us?. We are having a tough season here and are struggling to feed all our stock and we have had very little rain. At this time of the year you can not walk on our lawn its so wet but not at the moment. That being said if we get good spring rain it will be okay. The aquaponics is going well and we will be getting more fish in a month or so,. Is a good thing God is in control and knows and supplies all our needs. Glad to hear from you my friend. Have a great week. Blessings and lots of hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous--that's a whole lot of meat for the freezer and jars! But you've put a lot of work into raising the livestock, isn't it nice to have the reward? :) You're right, God takes care of the needs. I'd be glad to send you a tanker of water from all our rain. We have not only broken drought but have about 10 inches too much. Odd isn't it, one part of the country is water rationing, while the middle part is drowning and flooding. Will keep you guys in prayer, I remember what it's like on the farm when it gets tough. ((hugs))

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!