Sunday, May 10, 2015

What A Difference A Few Years Makes

Last night I was going through some photos on the computer and looking for some particular ones to pass along via email.  I was rather surprised to find some of me that I thought I'd deleted.

They are from 2011.  I had at least a 79 inch hip and 65+ inch waist.





and March 2015:



Today, 5/10/15, I stand at a 41 inch waist and 54 inch hip.  There's still a long ways to go but have come a long way too!

If you have had a lot of years carrying around lots of extra weight, don't give up.  You can lose it if you just keep working at it.  One little bit at  a time adds up to a big amount.  It took a while to put the weight on, it won't come off in a flash.  With the potential for excess hanging skin and such, you don't want to take it off very fast, but instead give your body time to adjust, your skin time to adjust to no longer needing to stretch out.

The main point is don't give up!  You will fluctuate, you will gain a little, lose a little, but keep going!
My personal goal is not to look like a runway model, but to be healthy, to have less flab hanging off the body, and to be able to climb the hills and maybe even run again without having someone or something chasing me to get me going.

What is your goal?

Keep up the good work!

Oh, by the way, that chili pepper apron is a size XL.  It fits appropriately now, and there's even room to tie it in the back.  In those pictures above, it barely tied into a small knot, definitely no room for a regular tie, and it sure didn't fit appropriately.  It is still in my apron rotation. :)


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I like the apron...glad it's a better fit now. Keep up the good work Angie. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia! :) Hubby loves that print too and had me make him scrub tops in it. :)

      Delete
  2. Dear friend, This is so encouraging! I, too, need to lose weight, and it is the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to do! As you said, it seems I will lose a little, then feel good about it, and before I know it, I have gained it back. I have tried so many things. I have some health issues that make it even harder, but you have encouraged me here to keep trying. I found you through the comment you left on Terri Presser's blog (Darling Downs Diaries). I was so in agreement with the comment you left there, so I clicked on your name to find your blog! So happy to have "met" you today, as I certainly feel a kindred spirit in all you said. God bless you. I am going to start following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Terri is a wonderful woman and I really enjoy reading her blog each week! Someday I'd love to make it to Australia to see in person all those things she has in pictures!

      You are so right, it is very frustrating to lose and gain and lose again and gain again weight. It's not easy, if it was there wouldn't be a bazillion dollar industry for weight loss products. Temptations are out there just screaming "take a bite", and it's hard when you love the things you really shouldn't. :) I understand the health issues, I have diabetes and arthritis in most weight bearing joints (from years of being heavy and also working jobs that put lots of wear and tear on them), and it has made a huge difference taking off what I have so far in managing pain and sugar. You can do it! Just take it one bite at a time, one day at a time. :)

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!