Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mom, You're Skinny!

I've gotten off track with the Weight Loss Challenge updates.  I know, I'm bad.

Thank you all who have continued to comment and encourage, I really do appreciate each and every one of you!!

This has been another challenging week.  As with the last 2 weeks, this one has had more challenges that only God could see us through and keep us part way sane.  We get tugged and pulled in many directions with special needs children on one side and aging parents with their own significant needs on the other.  I got little done at home this week so far within our own house, but housework will always be there I suppose.  While hubby has worked his part time job I've tended to his parents' home, ran seemingly unending errands, tended children's needs, tried to keep the tribe fed, harvested lots of salad from the garden, squashed a few rebellions in our teenager boys, and have made several attempts to get out into the yard and work on much needed trimming.  The Kansas prairie is trying to reclaim a little piece of its past in our yard.  Oh there's much more, and I even slept somewhere in there (yay!).

This past week has probably been the worst on eating and exercise I've had in the past nearly 9 months of the weight loss challenge.  There's no excuse, I should have planned ahead, but I neglected to.  I should have dragged myself out of bed earlier to do exercise, but I let the blanket keep a hold on me instead.  I let the vending machine/grab what you can on the run/keep on the move and run yourself ragged days take over instead of keeping them under control.

But there's always a chance to restart and get under control.

This week, middle child told me "Mom you're skinny".  I'm by far not, I haven't dropped any more sizes lately, but it sure made me feel better.  Maybe I should look at myself as he sees me--not just a clothing size, but as someone who loves him no matter what.  He doesn't care if I'm a 14/16 or a 40, he just cares that I'm here to still be mom.

As the outdoors activities start picking up, so is my desire to continue on the journey to a healthy body.  While I would love to get down to a size 8, I'd prefer to be healthy.  The kids have high energy and I have to have enough energy of 3 moms to keep up.  Right now I'm chugging along at about 3/4 of one mom.  I'm saying "sleep sleep sleep" and they say "run run run".

Here and there I've still been working a little on the book I started back in the winter.  It's very slow going, as seems at the end of the day once the kids are in bed I am ready to crash right after them.  I've tweaked recipes that are staples here and still need to write them down for adding in, I use a lot of Betty Crocker recipes and a handful from our Cuban cookbooks and some specialty ones.

I hope you all are having a great week!  I continue to pray for you all (especially regular readers here whom I've gotten to know and love)!

Lots of hugs from Kansas......





If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Middle child speaks your "love language"...how precious! Prayers are the best, thanks Angie! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he does! He's the sweetest boy most of the time, he's also my most aggressive.

      How are you doing, Cynthia?

      Delete
  2. Oh if we could only view ourselves as others do, especially our children who love us no matter what. I agree we so often look at ourselves as a certain size or shape and this so wrong.

    Your life sounds so hectic so I am glad that you have been able to post something so we can keep up with how you are going, I have missed you this past week :-).

    I hope you can get focused again quickly and manage to keep up with everything you have on.

    Thanks again for being such an encouragement and may God bless you as you start another week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy girl Angie! I love how you take it all in stride. God never gives us more than we can handle as long as we include Him! Praying this week goes smoothly for you.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!