Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Remember Your Worth

In the past months, my posts have been mainly on weight loss.  This has been my main focus as I work through the layers of fat to get to a healthy body and less weight.

Something I neglect to say often is this:  we are not a number.  There's many many of us out there battling against the growing numbers on a scale, the higher sizes in clothes, the seatbelts that don't fit, and chairs that were made for size 0 folks.  The battle becomes a hyper focused area in our individual worlds.  It becomes who we are in our own sight.

That's not how God sees us.

God sees us as His creation.  He loves us no matter what our body size is.  He loves us regardless if we walked 10 thousand steps or a hundred or none at all.  He sees beyond the body, He sees into the heart.  He cares about whether we have His Son as Lord and Savior.  He cares that we worship Him, that we want to follow Him, to live for Him.

There's room at the cross for everyone, whether size 40W or 0.  He doesn't care what the scale says we weigh, He wants us to love His Son Jesus.  He won't turn you away because you may weigh 400 pounds or 100 pounds.  It's not your body size He's concerned with--it's your heart, your faith, or lack of.

Your worth in God's eyes is far beyond your body.  Don't let the numbers on the scale or clothing tags distract you from how God sees you.  Granted, a healthy body can do a lot more for Him, but that's not how He judges us.

Be encouraged, God loves you where you are no matter your size/shape.  Remember your worth in His eyes!


Shared with:  Darling Downs Diaries, A Proverbs 31 Wife, What Joy Is Mine, Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, The Modest Mom, The Beauty in His Grip, Time Warp Wife, Teaching What Is Good, Embracing His Will, Raising Homemakers,, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Woman to Woman, Best of Baby


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Great post! Overeating is such an obvious sin, but God hates pride, lack of mercy, lack of love, selfishness, & just a million subtle sins. All I really know though is that His mercy & grace are as high as the heavens & I know that is what I am to focus on. His mercies are new EVERY morning & I need them every morning because very day is a battle against temptation in one way, shape, or form. Another thing I know is we NEVER reach the point of not needing God's mercies & grace. He REALLY wants us to extend mercy & grace to everyone. Also, He loves ALL HIS CHILDREN the same! The weak & lowly ( I put myself here!) as well as the extremely talented & influential. I love this about God! Everyone is important to Him. Thanks Angie! I've loved meditating on these great truths! Love & prayers, Cynthia P.S. Still praying for your safety from the storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Cynthia! Thank you for adding much more to this--you said this a whole lot better than I could!

      (((hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Thanks, really needed to hear this today. You bless me. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Terri!

      ((hugs))

      Delete
    2. Hey Angie thank you for taking the time to link up at Good Morning Mondays. This is a message that a lot of us can benefit from, now to put it into practice!!! . Thanks again and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this post. I have struggled all my life with weight and at times I let it define me as a person. But I'm working hard to see myself and others in God's eyes of love. It doesn't matter if I'm in the small part of my closet or the large part - I still matter to God !!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some of us, our weight has become our definition as a person, as people look at us (I'm talking about me here) and saw a very large person--they define by size and that permeates into my own definition. It's not how it's supposed to be, and unfortunately our whole culture seems to be obsessed with size/weight to the point we define ourselves by our numbers instead of how God sees us. God loves us so much He sent Jesus to die for us so we'd have a chance to be with Him in heaven...never did see in the Bible that we had to fit a certain jean size to get salvation. Believe me I'm glad! I've been learning to let go of the defining myself by numbers and seeing myself through His eyes--it's a re-education, definitely!

      Delete
  4. We are so hard on ourselves for things that don't really matter in eternity. May we be more concerned about our heart condition than the body, although having a healthy body is wonderful... I believe if our heart is focused on the Lord, He will guide our footsteps to live a healthier life. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!

      Yes, we work hard on the outside things, and they won't make a hill of beans in heaven. It really does help on earth to have the healthiest body we can muster up while we're here, tho, in order to do what we can to serve Him to the best of our abilities. Whether we are the fittest athlete using abilities in sports as a platform to spread the gospel, or someone who is confined to a bed or wheelchair who prays without ceasing, we can use these old bodies somehow.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely! There is room for all of us at the cross. It's so easy to start comparing ourselves with others. We go through the checkout line and there are magazines with photoshopped pictures that make us think that is what beauty is all about. But God made each of us in His image. We are a His children, holy and dearly loved. How amazing is that! That makes us more than enough! Have a blessed week!
    http://unspeakablejoymovement.blogspot.com/2014/05/more-than-enough.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have also noticed that "health" itself is becoming a god as many people spend so much time and effort trying to be like the magazine covers. Thank you for sharing "true worth" on the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE all these encouraging comments! So so true! I found I was never happy with myself and my weight no matter how thin or heavy I was until I made the decision to feed my body with the nutrients it needs, listening to what it was craving, regardless if I ballooned or lost weight and simply accepted the size I am. I gained a little, but it was a good bit muscle, some fat and I feel happier with my new weight than I ever did trying to maintain a leaner figure. Buying clothes that aren't initially designed for toothpicks helps a whole lot as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!