Sunday, April 12, 2015

Overeating on the Word

It's Sunday afternoon and we've already finished up our lunch and enjoying a quiet afternoon.  Some of us are still stuffed from the variety of foods offered for the meal.  We're talking chicken, large lettuce salad, veggie and rice soup, apples, corn on the cob, and so on.  If anyone left the table hungry it's their own fault.

Today Pastor Mike mentioned something that caught my attention.  He mentioned how people tend to overeat on food, but not on the Word.

Wouldn't it be nice if we DID try to overeat on the Word of God??  Wouldn't it be amazing how much different life could be if we indulged until we were totally full on the Bible?

The last few months, my emphasis has been on weight loss, cutting back on food consumption, and exercise.  This tends to the physical body.  Pastor is right, we need to tend the spiritual body too, and feed constantly on the Word, filling up as often as possible to all that God would have us know.

You would think a freight train hit me--I *knew* I should be putting more time in the Bible, but to hear it like that, put into the frame in which I've been operating, it hit home.

Time to overeat---on the Bible!

Are you with me????



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking "taste & see that the Lord is good!" & I'm sure that means His Word, as well. We can't really overeat on it (it's like fruit & veggies...who can overeat those foods?) But yes! I'm on the same page & Bible reading is on my "to do" list! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!