Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Been Too Long!

Here we are, on Spring Break!  Yay!!

I slept in until 7:30am.  That for me is at least 2 hours later than normal.  It felt so so good!

The Weight Loss Challenge has been going ok.  In fact, there's even a new picture. :)






In this one, I am wearing a size 16 top and 18/20 skirt.  I found that top on clearance for $3!  The skirt hubby purchased for me in January when I first hit the 20.

As compared to this one at 34/36.




A week or so ago I tried on a 16/18 maxi skirt, and it fit.  I didn't buy it as it was rather light weight and you could see through it, but it boosted my day to see it fitting.  Then tried on some jeans I have at home in a size 20.  They were unforgiving, but they fit.

It's been pretty busy here, with seems like appointments and demands on time picking up.  My work hours went down to one day a week, which I'm ok with, and so my personal housekeeping hours went up, and now it's time to start working outside with gardening and planting and such. Since this is Spring Break week, I plan on working inside the house, dusting and washing and doing a decent scrub down while kids are off visiting non-custodial parents.  I need to paint one wall of the oldest  child's room as well to touch up the white and cover the black shoe marks he puts on there.


 The weather has warmed up nicely and it's hard to stay inside to do anything!  The windows have been popped open (and dust accumulating) and fresh air has made it so much nicer inside.  Granted the air doesn't smell so lovely, with the back yard having a sewer problem for a while--we had our own lagoon and the city folks were not thrilled with it showing up from nowhere, but it has been tended to this weekend and mostly finished (finishes up today from what we're told).  During this time we had to air out the house from a gas line rupture during the digging process, but in that airing out process one of the windows I wasn't able to get open last year for it being painted shut was opened, so now a breeze out of the west can come in.  My south facing windows already open, so in the warm months we get a beautiful southerly breeze.  I'm looking forward to the smell of floral cleaners inside the house, and washing down walls and shelves and chasing down dust bunnies and sending them to dust bunny heaven.  I'm hoping to have hubby shimmy up the ladder and pull down curtains so I can wash them as well.

When that's done, I have a lettuce plot to dig up and get planted, as well as pots to get going with herbs and flowers.  I'm looking forward to getting a fresh cut bowl of lettuce from the yard and serving it up for meal time!  Then we need to get to tilling on the garden spot at hubby's dad's house to prepare for planting.  It's been tilled since January, but you can't have it too ready can you?  :)  I have bulbs to transplant, and with the workers digging up the back yard, they did some of the work for me.  I'm going to transplant into some of the areas they dug up, and start a whole new flower plot and let the perennials take over.  There's irises here, and I believe we'll have some tiger lilies to put in as well, so it'll be a colorful plot.

It's so much nicer out now, the grass is turning green, the highs are above freezing-today it is to be 75 to 80, and it has been 80 this past week for a day or two.  The moisture has been rain instead of ice or snow.  Granted tornado season starts soon, I can live with that.

Life has gotten rather busy with the changing of seasons and kid's needs and hubby's parents' needs.  But a busy life is good, no boredom to speak of!  Between exercise, working inside the house and housekeeping for others, chasing the family, and so on, sleep comes very easy and the alarm too soon.

You all have a great week!  I've missed you all!




Shared at:  Darling Downs Diaries, Soul Survival, What Joy Is Mine, Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Hey just wanted to touch base and say hello. I am glad that you have a week off and you seem to have plenty lined up to do, have fun spring cleaning and I just love being able to open the windows and let the fresh air in. You look just lovely in your photos and the colour really suits you. Great job. Have a great week off. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! You've been pretty busy yourself there! Thank you for your kind comments :) It's been a great and very busy week off, almost time to get back onto regular schedule again. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey Angie, thanks for sharing your journey with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings to you and your family as you get back into your regular schedule.

      Delete
  2. I think you look lovely in pink also! The haircut is flattering as well. My heart has been so happy about our early spring weather. I've read some of Holly's posts at 300 pounds down & have been praying for her as well. I am thinking that prayers are the most important thing! There is a daily battle for all of us! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Isn't this spring weather lovely?? It's so nice to see green again and not have so much cold, at least here anyway.

      I haven't read Holly's site lately, but I have the window open for it now--I'm behind in reading much of anything for trying to keep up with everything offline. You are right--prayers are the most important thing! We all have needs only God can tend to, and He will in His own time. :)

      How is your family doing?

      Delete
  3. Hi Angie, I'm visiting from 'Soul Survival' link-up. Nice to met you! I love pink and you look lovely in it. Spring has sprung early in my neck of the woods. My tulips are in full bloom and I've been in the garden where I love to be. I love the fresh air coming through the windows too. : )

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I'm looking forward to my daffodils blooming, and soon irises! We don't have tulips out (yet) but hoping to get some started this year for next spring. :) I LOVE the parrot ones! There's some grape hyacinths blooming, they're so tiny it's hard to see them. And crocuses are popping up. It has just rained/hailed here for 2 days, so it will be a few days before heading back into the garden, but am getting seeds out this weekend with the kids--they love to put out sunflowers, and I have 4 colors of zinnias to put out as well.

      It's been so nice having the windows open--that breeze is so nice after being shut up inside all winter!

      Thank you for stopping in!

      Delete
  4. You're looking great. Keep going! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I just discovered your blog. Congrats on your weight loss - I wish I could be so dedicated. We're going to have a heat wave here in Southern California. I'll send you some very warm sunshine! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so great! Keep up the inspiring work :) It also looks like you have some pleasant days ahead of nesting... I love little homemaking projects that freshen and clean up the house which is probably why I love spring. Washing curtains and hanging them back up always feels good! Thank you for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!