Saturday, February 28, 2015

Weight Loss Challenge Week 26--6 Month Anniversary!

It is here, the 6 month anniversary of the weight loss challenge!

The week has been busy, with appointments for the children and hubby's parents, work hours for both of us, regular issues with the kids, household needs, and phone calls--lots and lots of phone calls.  I need to hire a secretary.

After work Friday, I went to the next town where we do our shopping and where middle child goes to the special ed program in the middle school.  I weighed in, and lost 4 more pounds.  Despite all the horrible eating, stress, not exercising as much as I should, I still lost 4 pounds this month.  It could have been much more if I'd have behaved--but I'll take 4.

401-334=67.

67 Pounds down in 6 months!

As a reward, I purchased an inexpensive bangle type watch with the words "Love, Hope, Faith, Courage, Dream, Inspire" engraved on the cuff going toward and away, so that I and others can read it.  I need a watch for work, so it fits the bill.  I also had my hair trimmed as it'd grown out a bit.  The shampooing and styling felt good, as I seldom allow the extra cost for pampering.  I wasn't paying much attention, so when I told the length I forgot to mention to keep the layers when trimming, so the layers are gone and I have a blunt bob that curls above the shoulders.  I'm not thrilled.  But, hair grows out and it'll be better soon.  I am going to stay away from the quick places to get hair done and try to get a regular appointment next time with someone I know.  The upside--for the firs time I fit into the chairs without feeling like a sardine.  And it did feel good to have my hair shampooed and styled.

Eating has been better this week.  I've been working more at it at being more mindful of what I put in my mouth.  I'm responsible for what goes in, right?

Exercise wise, I did up to 5 miles a day, with 3 days off this week.  I came in at goal, which is good.  I also did housekeeping duties (my job) so got a good workout there too.

I had to take a sick day Thursday, I'd gotten so exhausted and feverish and just felt like I'd picked up what the kids had been sharing.  I slept and slept and hibernated under a blanket as often as the phone would let me.  The 18 year old cat was my "nurse" who nuzzled up beside me and kept me company.  It wasn't work hours that did the exhaustion, but all the stresses that had built up in the days before, tons of appointments, extra needs that the kids had been displaying that happen with various weather/barometric changes, stresses middle child's biological dad and his relationships cause, and the getting up very early and having to stay up until everyone is in bed to make sure space heaters and lights are off and water is dripping.  I felt a lot better and had a ton more energy on Friday so made it to work and had a good day.

Today is Saturday, the last day of February, and it's a relax day.  The kids are out visiting their non-custodial parents, and it's snowing lightly outside.  I stayed up late after returning home from dropping off middle child and then getting groceries last night--the weather stations had said up to 5 inches of snow plus some ice, so you know how that means a grocery store run--no bread or milk but instead fruits, veggies, and flour to make things.  After I got settled in for the night and hubby was enjoying some videos on YouTube, I sat down with my hexagon quilt and the Anne of Green Gables dvd series and pieced on the quilt top.  Those dvds are 3 hours each.  I finished up the 2nd dvd in the series and relaxed.  It was nice and peaceful. :)  Today there of course little things to do, but there's also a lot of snoozing to do too!  There's a dvd and a blanket with my name on it very soon.  :)

God has been good to me.  He has given me peace when I've so needed it this week.  It seems that the devil has been working at us to cause chaos and calamity, but God can and will overcome them if we run to Him.  As the hymn says, "I am weak but Thou art strong".  This week I've had to pray for peace in the midst of chaos, and He has answered those prayers faithfully.

There has been a glimmer of hope that the bitter cold will come soon to an end.  We're in southern Kansas, but even so, it has been bitterly cold.  Yesterday when I went to work it was -3 with wind.  What is that glimmer?  Little specks of green are shooting up--the first bulbs of spring are popping up--daffodils and crocus and grape hyacinths are sending up greenery.  I look forward each winter to seeing those little green sprouts, it shows the promise of spring to soon come.  I'm so ready for the cold to end and the mild to warm to begin, to have fresh air in the house and the windows open,

How have you been this week?  Are you looking forward to the warmer weather too??


Shared at:  Darling Downs Diary, What Joy Is Mine, A Proverbs 31 Wife, Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, The Modest Mom


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that God has sustained you through tough and stressful times. I am also glad that you have found time to have some down time and some rest, what a wonderful God we have. Your weight loss sounds great and yes maybe it could have been better but to still loose during stressful times is amazing and a testamony to how much your ways have changed. Thank you for being such an example to us all. Blessings to you dear friend as you rest more today and catch up on life. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoh Terri you are such a blessing! ((hugs with long arms to reach Australia!))

      God has been good and sustained me all these months, and He'll be there the rest of the way. If it weren't for Him, I'd still be back at square one, with the extra size and weight, and the extra medical problems that go with it. I really expected a lot of negative comments when I took this public, and I was very nervous about doing it. It happens in the real world, people making snide comments behind the back or telling you to the face "you need to lose weight" and saying how lazy us obese folks are. I'm glad I didn't hide anymore, as I've met people like you, who are amazing friends and cheerleaders, and provide lots of encouragement and inspiration to keep going! Lord bless you Terri!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for that and blessings to you too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thank you for sharing this at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love hearing your progress! You have come such a long way and it is so inspirational! Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!