Saturday, January 31, 2015

Weight Loss Challenge Week 22--Weigh In

It is February!  Can you believe this????  It feels like we just got done with Christmas and a month has flown by.

It's been a decent week.  Eating has been mostly on track, even with some sweets added in to the calorie count, but staying well under where I should be.  Exercise has been mostly on target, I think I missed my 18 mile goal by 2 miles.  I am not too worried, as long as there is exercise, and staying under the maximum calories I'm "allowed", it's not a huge deal.

Friday I weighed in while over in town.  I came in at 338.

401-338= 63.

So, since September 4, 2014, I've lost 63 pounds.

I can handle that!

Here in Kansas we're getting into that moist part of winter, and it's sure taking a toll on the joints.  But, with the help of naproxen (Aleve) and some Tylenol, I'm still able to do the walking by dvd.  You know, in taking off the amount of weight I have so far, this winter has not been as painful as in years past.  All of you who have arthritis know it has it's "seasons" and is an awesome barometer, but when you add excess weight to the mix, it is much more painful and just down right miserable.  If you are carrying extra weight, you would be amazed the difference just a few pounds make on your joints when you take it off!

This week I tried on a couple of t shirts in a size XL.  Mind you, I haven't been able to get one over my head since 1999/2000.  They are snug fitting, like the way that the teenyboppers wear their clothes now, but they are making nice under layers for under sweatshirts!  I am still amazed, as in September, I never dreamed I'd be able to get that over my head by February, especially starting out at a 34/36.  I weigh over 300 pounds and can fit into an XL barely.  How cool is that!??

Hubby has told me that I am shooting for too high of a goal of losing 200 pounds.  Based on what I'm seeing in what emerges from under the flab, I think he may be right.  63 pounds in and I'm able to see ribs.  At 100 pounds in, I most likely will be at a medium to large in size.  Why is that?  I built lots of muscle in lifting weights through the years.  We're not talking super body builder type, but enough to keep a high weight on the scale but be compact enough to be smaller, if that makes sense.  Like to be over 300 pounds and a 1x and starting into an XL.  Never under estimate the power of building muscle!

I hope you all have a great week!  I'll be back soon.  In the meantime, why not drop in over at Where's the Chocolate (hit the tab at the top of the page) and join in our Facebook community (if you do Facebook).

Have a great week!


Shared at:  Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, What Joy Is Mine, Darling Downs Diaries, The Modest Mom, The Beauty In His Grip, My Joy Filled Life, Teaching What Is Good, So Much At Home, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Well done, congratulations on your achievement, once again you are such an inspiration. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you Terri! You are such an encouragement yourself--I'm blessed to have a cheerleader all the way in Australia!

      ((lots of hugs))

      Delete
    2. My pleasure and thanks for linking up. Hugs to you too. Blessings

      Delete
  2. 63 pounds that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hugs and Blessings
    Rue

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!