Saturday, January 24, 2015

Weight Loss Challenge Week 21

It's now going into week 21 of the weight loss challenge!

It's also picture week.  Did I ever mention I really don't like doing my own pictures??

Anyway, these were taken in a rush right after a shower, so my hair is still wet, but had to get in gear and head out to take middle child to an appointment so didn't have a chance to get it dry.  It works.

These are a 22/24 top from Christmas that has shrunk a little in the dryer (high heat).  I wear an 18/20 but can easily layer under 22/24 and since it's still winter, am definitely doing! The skirt is a non-stretch denim in size 20.  Hubby has been surprising me with new skirts from the clearance and buy one get one half off section of Woman Within as our finances allow.  My skirt collection essentially went down to next to nothing as I've went down in size.

So, I'm pretty happy, into a size 20 without stretch!

I have been able to wear the 18/20 yoga pants and palazzos with comfort, although they of course have stretch.  So hubby also ordered an 18/20 skirt in stretch knit, and it fits well too.

The original picture is 3rd in line, at 32/34 top and 34/36 bottom.









The gray shirt in the picture is very loose now, and the skirt has went to the scrap bin to be used in a quilt or something.  It is going to be repurposed.  The shirt is hubby's and he's rather attached to it.

This week I weighed in and gained a pound.  It's either water or muscle, as I've not been drinking as much as I should--I have been enjoying more coffee than I should instead to keep awake and going through the busy busy week.  Also I've found the leg muscles are becoming more visible and palpable even at my size, and they are going through the motions of the daily workouts easier.  I'm seeing outlines of the knee joints where I haven't seen them in years.  I'm getting more of a waist line and can feel most of the ribs now, despite the size.  They aren't showing like skinny type, but you can definitely feel the individual ones.  Muscle definition is starting to show through as well, from the days when I've worked out in the past and really pushed hard for muscle growth.  It's nice to see them again!

I've started back with My Fitness Pal, and am ashamed to say I have enjoyed pizza and brownies with the tribe.  They tasted good.  And I worked hard to exercise it off too.  Well, most of it.  The days I don't feel like eating breakfast, it's Slim Fast powder in coffee or milk or a Carnation instant breakfast or Ovaltine.  At least that way I don't get ravenous before lunch and eat anything that doesn't eat me first.  I've also started with green tea.  It's an acquired taste.  My hopes are it is acquired soon.

Exercise has been close to or on task.  I've been hitting the 4 Really Fast Miles dvd by Leslie Sansone, which has a 15, 12, 10, and then 15 minute mile and uses a stretch band with the last mile.  A 10 minute mile is mostly a jog.  I'm not a jogger or runner, so this has been a challenge, but it has built leg muscle and in turn better endurance, so that is good.  That dvd for me burns, according to My Fitness Pal, about 850 to 900 calories for the 4 miles.  That is awesome!

Eating has been mostly good, with exception of pizza and the brownies.  I try.  But, the beauty of doing lifestyle versus a "diet" where there's tons of restrictions, you can enjoy the odd pieces of pizza or sweet and not have the mindset of "I ruined it, it's no use".  That is a big deal breaker on diets, that mind set of either deprivation or when you have a "whoops" moment and feel like you can't keep on going.

This coming week it is supposed to be in the 60's for highs, which is very unusual in Southeast Kansas in January.  This means I'll be outside, with flowerbeds to clear out and start work on, a dog that enjoys pulling me along, and just going outside in general.  I am very much looking forward to spring!  Don't get me wrong, I will most definitely be sticking to the dvd's for workouts, as they are very intense, but there's also plenty of room for outside exercise, walking, gardening, and so on.  I'm looking forward to breaking out the hoe and breaking ground again, planting herbs and flowers in our front yard, a small patch in the back, and working at my Father in Law's garden to really get some nice veggies going.  It's great exercise and reaps a nice reward.

What are your plans for the spring planting?  For those of you who are in areas where gardening is in full swing, how are yours going?

You all have a great day, and I'll be back soon!


Shared with Darling Downs Diaries, Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, The Modest Mom, What Joy Is Mine, Beauty in His Grip, My Joy Filled Life, Teaching What Is Good, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, So Much At Home


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. The weight is definitely coming off!

    Keep up the great work! You're doing an amazing job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an amazing job, once again you are such an inspiration. I love the colour of the top you are wearing and the denim skirt, you look fantastic. I am glad you are going to be able to get out and get your garden going. Ours is going well although a bit slow with the cooler weather we seem to be having but we are now digging some potatoes as the need arises and the zucchinis are just getting going. Glad you are doing so well, have a great week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! I've missed denim skirts, the last one I had I made myself and it's faded and looks near thread bare, plus it hung off my hips. It's nice to have them again!

      I'm looking forward to gardening again--in about 2 months we'll be able to put out the cold crop things. I miss working outside!

      Delete
    2. I have been refashioning jeans into skirts for my daughter and they look great. I am glad that you can put your cold crops in soon, working outside is so refreshing. Blessings and thanks for linking up with Good Morning Mondays.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing this at Good Morning Mondays Angie, blessings to you.

      Delete
  3. You look amazing Angie! Thank you for sharing. Did you get your hair cut? I like it. I lost 4.2 lbs last week! Finally back on track.

    Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Natalie! That's a lot in a week!!

      Yes, I got it cut on New Year's Eve. It was getting long again, and I got tired of the bun and twisted up clip. This is wash and wear, and I love it!

      Thank you for your encouragement!!

      Delete
  4. You look fantastic! And I agree that the red is a beautiful color on you.

    I love the photos - they really show how far you've come. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Continuing to pray for you during this journey,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea! I appreciate your kind words!

      Lots of hugs! :)

      Delete
  5. Keep up the work! You are right, it is not about dieting, but a life change in eating habits. I occasionally eat pizza and brownies too, but know I have to eat a lot of green beans and such stuff not to gain weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! It's great to enjoy the things we love, but it has to be in moderation at best, or else it sticks around a long long time--the hips, behind, waist. :) Moderation has never been my strong suite, and I doubt that will change, not for lack of trying, but for the sweet teeth that really really enjoys the things that they shouldn't.

      Gonna have to plant a ton of green beans this year to make up for it!! :)

      Delete
  6. Found your blog on a linky party! I'm on a weight loss journey as well, so thank you for sharing! It's awesome to see others who are succeeding! Thanks for sharing!!! Looking forward to following your journey!

    http://www.duncanpartyofsix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy for you and your continued weight loss success! Thanks for sharing this at So Much At Home.
    God bless.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! Thank you for hosting the linky party too :D

      Delete
  8. Angie, I am so challenged by your post. I have about 40 pounds to lose and I am being stubborn about it, not wanting to try. I have been having breathing problems which the test showed my lungs were restricted some by my extra stomach weight. Funny I have gotten victory over so many thing but this one has been the hardest. Thanks for posting...will be back to check on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie...WooHoo! On your progress. I, also, use Walk At Home videos for days I need to workout at home. I do not have the 4 Really Fast Miles DVD but may look into it. I own Walk Your Belly Flat which is three miles straight with increased speed and The Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan which lets you choose your miles or you can follow the preset schedule. This one is a favorite for me. Thank you for sharing your journey at Monday's Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!