Sunday, January 4, 2015

Weight Loss Challenge Week 18

Wow, it's a new year!  The past year flew by so fast, it seems like it should still be spring of 2014!

For me, January 4 is month 4 of my weight loss journey.  It doesn't seem like 4 months have passed by already!

So, I'm back on track.  This week I met the exercise goal of at least 3 miles a day, 6 days a week.  My "day off" was a mile and a half.  I was able to pick up another Leslie Sansone dvd, 4 Really Big Miles, and work on that.  It is a challenge, but a good one!  It has 15, 12, 10, and then back to 15 minute miles.  Yes, a 10 minute mile.  In the summer, I couldn't do a block in 10 minutes.  I've made it through all 4 miles a couple of times, and stopped after the first 3 (the 15, 12, and 10 back to back) a few times.  But I've been able to get up to the 10 minute mile, and to me that's huge in my world!  That is a 4mph, 5mph, and 6mph mile.

Eating has been ok.  I made a huge pot of soup using things from the freezer, as we're cleaning out the upright fridge/freezer to defrost.  Soup is good, it's filling, and on cold days it is nice to have a hot steaming bowl of veggie goodness.  I still want the chocolates and sweet of Christmas, but working to break that "want" again.  It's not necessary, and if it's not in the house, no problem.

This week, I had a notion to try on the smallest clothing I have.  They are 18/20 yoga pants.  I hadn't been able to wear them, my legs above the knee are still rather large, and there was no getting them on.  Wednesday, I was able to pull them on, walk and move around in them, although not sure I'd wear them out in public yet.  Not until I've dropped a little more.  They've been my "goal" for the past 6 weeks or so, and it's nice to at least be able to slip them on.  Considering I started out a 34/36 bottom size, that's just about half my body size there.  So, that made my day--about half way down, and a ways left to go--but LOTS of progress in only 4 months!

I also did something for myself that I don't normally do.  I got a hair cut.  Shoulder length, with layers.  I love it!  It's easy to take care of, it curls up on it's own, It looks more my 'age', rather than the pulled back into a bun look I've sported for a few years.  No pics yet, not for a couple more weeks more than likely.

Thank you all for your encouragement!  You are all such a blessing, and I'm very thankful to have you all!

I hope you have started the New Year well, and are doing well on your journey!




If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. You are doing a fantastic job, well done on the walking and getting out and about and well done with being able to get into the yoga pants. Your haircut sound great too can't wait to see it. Keep up the great work. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We aren't getting out and about much, with it so cold, but sure putting one foot in front of the other in the house--the walking dvd's do wonders when it's below zero wind chill and icy!

      This is the first winter where I've actually exercised and made determination to get it done no matter what!

      Thank you so much Terri for your encouragement--you are such a blessing to me. :)

      Lots of hugs!

      Delete
  2. Way to go Angie... Keep on keepin! Can't wait to see your haircut:)
    I just bought a Leslie sansone dvd too. Can't wait to start it. Do you use it on a treadmill or just walk in your house?

    Prayers for a great week,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Which dvd did you get?? I've so far got the 5 Mega Miles (with stretch band), 4 Really Big Miles (with band), and Radio Remix (3 miles). I did the Radio Remix twice today, I love the fast music that we recognize here from 2 of the kids' favorite movies, so it works out and is fun to walk and move to. Leslie has tons of dvd's out, would love to get ahold of more. I started with one from the library, Walk Your Belly Flat, that is a 3 mile easy walk with just her on the stage, and been hooked since.

      I do them just in front of the tv. We don't have room for a treadmill (nor funds for one), so this works. When it gets to the more "boosted" part, the faster walk/light job, the furniture jiggles..hehehe :)

      Delete
  3. What an exciting way to start the new year! Looks like your goals are really moving forward. And the haircut was a great idea :)

    May you have a happy, healthy and blessed 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!