Monday, December 29, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge Weeks 16 and 17

Christmas has come and gone, and it sure was a blur!

It was a good time, although quite stressful, with lots of blessings along the way that we never imagined.

Where do I start????

We were blessed so much by our church family, that I stood in tears.  The generosity, kind-heartedness, faithfulness of our church family is absolutely amazing.  We didn't deserve the blessings that they provided!

Last week we had all the children home through Christmas Day.  While this is normal for most families, we have a blended family and so there are non-custodial parents who want (and are given per custody order) time with their child(ren).  It was stressful more due to the lack of the regular schedule that we are accustomed to, the anxiety for the oldest 2 who are also deeper into the autism spectrum, and the residual side effects from their anxiety.  We made it by the grace of God, and are on the downside of the holiday vacation time, back to regular schedules with school, staffing, social groups, work schedules, and so on very soon.  We've put away the tree and decorations already, and made our house as "normal" as it was before.  I will soon miss the Christmas music, lights, and decorations that we see throughout town.  The radio still plays the sacred Christmas music, and I'm not ready for that to go quite yet.

Weight wise, I've fallen off the wagon but kept running beside it, if that makes sense.  I ate.  I enjoyed some of the homemade goodies that I made for the family and others.  I even had a large slice of pecan pie, at around a thousand calories.  It. was. good.  Exercise wise, there was a stretch of 4 days where between lack of sleep and stress and family demands, walking and moving intentionally was put on the back burner.  It didn't take long to see that it would be fairly easy to revert back to old ways of not walking and moving around, and I vowed to not let that happen.

Since Christmas day, I've resumed eating more responsibly.  I've resumed walking at least 3 miles a day, making back up to 5 quickly.  I'm back into my routine of exercising 6 days a week, and trying hard to ditch the want for the extra goodies.  I'm not making anymore of the cookies and candies for the kids, so that won't be hard at all.  You can't eat what's not there!

Hubby and his mom and dad gave a big encouragement through Christmas.  They purchased clothing for me and those were my presents under the tree this year.  They were a size 1X.  Four months ago I was wearing a 4X.  Hubby saw that I didn't have dress clothes that really fit anymore, like what I'd wear to church, and so he and his parents purchased a navy button front dress, and then a waffle knit soft long sleeved shirt and soft navy knit A line skirt.  They all fit well, and the dress and top I put on over layers when I tried them on and they still fit well.

This is what I look like as of Sunday the 28th.


I closely cropped in order to take out a cluttered side table that had some study books and a notebook and many pens/highlighters. :)

Can you tell I have on yoga capris on at the same time?  It was chilly out, and the layers are wonderful.

I hope you all had a great Christmas, and are looking forward to a wonderful 2015!  I sure am, and looking forward to more weight loss and exercising, along with better health.

Have a great week you all!



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Angie...I haven't visited in a while but I'm glad God led me to stop by. Keep up the good work on gaining better health. You're doing a great job. :-) Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your church family was a big blessing to you. The navy dress really looks nice! I like it when things settle down back to the routine.A time for everything, I think. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The navy dress is just lovely and you look great. You have made it through some tough food times so well done. Blessings to you and your family this new year.

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!