Saturday, December 6, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge Week 14

It's been another great week so far!

I went to the clinic where I keep track of diabetes and weight and hopped on the scale.  Not only did I not gain anything (which I'm glad!) but I lost a pound.  Yay!!

401-348=53

53 pounds down, even with Thanksgiving feasting!

So, I'm back on track now, with soups and fruits and veggies and lots of exercise.  I'm shooting for at least 2 miles a day power walking with dvd, if not more.  In the coming week I believe I have a walking buddy to go out and walk around the town here once or twice a week as well!

We also took updated pictures to document.  The below pic in the orange/black is current, with clothing mentioned in the last post that I received and has been a blessing!  I'm enjoying the yoga pants feeling!


This is a size 22/24.  I was bigger than this in high school!  At this point in time, hubby can feel my ribs on either side.  Can you believe that--at this weight/size??  There's still a long ways to go, but made it a long ways too!  This week I tried on (and purchased) a size 18/20 top and it fits!  I was *very* happy!  I haven't seen that size in YEARS!

Here's the "before" pic at a 32 top and 34/36 bottom and 53 pounds heavier:



For what it's worth, I'm not doing the pictures for vanity.  I absolutely hate taking my own picture, and am embarrassed by what I look like in them.  I'm quite content hiding behind the camera.  But, if this helps anyone out there find the encouragement they need to jump on board and work on getting healthier and losing extra weight and size if needed, then I'll keep on doing this.

Thank you all so much for your encouragement!  It means a lot to me--much more than you think!

 During previous weight loss endeavors, I never had the cheerleaders, but instead the pessimists reminding me that I can't do it, that every time before had failed.  That's the last thing an obese person needs!!

I hope you all are having a great week!  If you're following along and doing your own challenge, how are you doing?




Lots of hugs from southern Kansas!!


Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Heavenly Father, thank you for Angie and for being with her these past 14 weeks. Please continue to be with her and give her patience as she works to take care of herself. In Jesus name,
    amen
    Keep going Angie, you look great! I am proud of you and you are really helping me on my weight loss journey as we'll:)
    We are almost neighbors as we live in the Northeast corner of Ks!
    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers! They mean a lot and I know the Lord hears them (and answers!)

    I'm glad I can be of help, even if we're across the state from each other! :) We're down in Crawford County, out in the rural areas. Hubby was just up to KC with 2 of the kids at Crown Center ice skating and at Sea World or something or other aquarium yesterday. Not me--I'd crack the ice and cause chaos! :P

    Thank you for your encouragement! It means a lot to have the cheering section out there!

    Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying that some of your enthusiasm will rub off on me! I've pretty much slipped into a sorta sloppy maintenance mode...I'm thankful I haven't gained though. I'm asking the Lord to revive my motivation. Your good attitude reminds me that a good deal of the battle is in our minds...but "we have the mind of Christ", which is what I need! Encouraged by your progress! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((hugs))) I'm not real sure where the enthusiasm comes from, other than feeling so much better. You're right, a whole lot of the battle is in the mind--it's mind over matter. There's days my body says "I don't wanna move", especially after lack of sleep or just being tired in general, but the mind keeps pushing, so the mind wins. What we think, so are we.

      You can do it! Whatever you're doing to help yourself, with the Lord, you can do it! He loves you so much, He wants the best for you!

      Thank you so much for your encouragement! BTW I put your blog over on the left hand side here....I call it my blog stalker. :)

      Delete
  4. Once again, you are going great and you are a fantastic encouragement for me and plenty of others. Thank you for being so transparent and sharing your journey. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! I'm so grateful to be able to encourage others.

      Something that helps me is seeing others who are showing transparency in their own journey--there's a couple of blogs I follow, such as 300 Pounds Down, that are pretty straight forward with the day to day ups and downs, that let me feel like I'm not the only one who's dealing with the unique things that come with a hefty girl losing weight. I hope to be able to give that feeling to others who may be doing the same thing. And also it keeps me accountable, as it would be so easy to hide behind the screen and be all high and mighty, but yet be hiding the sin of gluttony (which seriously, in person you *can't* hide it--it shows by the poundage!) The Lord really put it on my heart to be transparent about the weight loss and how it is coming about, and from what I hear here, in email, in FB, and in person, it is helping others, so it's worth it!

      Lots of hugs!!

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!