Monday, October 13, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge--Week 6

It's now 6 weeks into this new life, and what a whirlwind it's been!  God has sure been good to me, and without His help, His guidance, I'd still be back at the beginning.

This week was weigh in and check up week.  So far in the 6 weeks, I've lost 35 pounds and weigh in at 366.  My A1C (blood glucose average) went from 7.1 to 6.1, which is a good 25 to 30 point drop (a good thing!).  I'm just a hair above "normal" now, and inching closer.  My blood pressure went from a running average of 140/90 (or higher) to 132/78.  My last check up was in June, so a bit has changed in 4 months!

I also had opportunity for the first time in almost 7 years to sleep in bed without a CPap machine.  I didn't need it!  I have felt for years as though I couldn't breathe if I tried to sleep without 10 pillows propping me into a sitting position or a CPap to help me breathe.  It didn't matter how I lay, I felt like I didn't get air.  I've gotten enough fat off that I can breathe without assistance at night.  It feels odd not having that mask on, and will take time to adjust, but it's a good adjustment!

This week has been a little off on eating.  I had a few disasters along the way.  While travelling, it was easier to hit a fast food drive through and order a chicken sandwich than to hold off and eat at home.  It was easy to grab something sugary for the extra boost to keep awake.  But each day is another chance to start again and make better choices and ask for forgiveness and move on.  It's been a bit harder to not indulge with the family when they have treats, and have had a small treat with them that I shouldn't have.  I immediately regret it and work hard at not doing it again.  Some days are easier than others of course.  But, this is where I need to pray more, ask for His help more, and stay vigilant.  Looking at the nutrition labels of these goodies are helping to weigh whether it's worth eating or not--for instance, Zebra cakes are over 340 calories for a single serving that is eaten in a minute or so.  Is it worth it?  Most of the time, no.

This week I've also started back to our local YMCA to let the eliptical machine whoop my hiney.  It didn't let me down either!  I'm wanting to not only burn off calories, but work on accumulating looseness and such at the knees and the bat wings under the arms.  I could fly away with mine but the bottom half of me keeps me from take off!    So I'm hoping to make it at least 2 to 3 times a week weather permitting (it *is* heading into the cold/wet/icy/snowy season in Kansas) to use the hand weights, weight machines, and the eliptical.  I'm also looking to invest in some Leslie Sansone walking dvd's to keep at home for days that I just can't leave the house for whatever reason.  

So it's been a good week overall!  To God be the glory!

How has your week been?


Joyfully shared with:  A Proverbs 31 Wife The Modest Mom Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth, What Joy Is Mine  Cornerstone Confessions




If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you in your blessings! I am thinking today that even if I had a perfect body, perfect health, or whatever, my true & only source of joy is in the presence of the Lord. The wonderful truth is that, today,the fullness of His joy is available to me, by faith in Jesus Christ, & access through prayer. And I love that; "to God be all the glory!" (great things He hath done!) Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie...You are doing real good with your challenge. I love your determination to stick with it. As you said, each day is a new day to try and make better choices. I think that rule of thumb applies in all things we do or say each day. Thank you for sharing your journey at Monday's Musings. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!