Monday, October 20, 2014

Popcorn to the Rescue!


Popcorn.  I love popcorn.  Buttery, salty, full of fat popcorn.

But it doesn't love me.

So, today, after a long while of avoiding the full fat, butter laden, salty overloaded popcorn, I broke out the "stir crazy" popper.

I drizzled in a little bit of olive oil, and popped enough corn to fill the water bath canner.

Instead of fattening butters and such, I left it as it.  Each person who got a serving out was allowed to use whatever they wanted.  Hubby and I chose these wonderful little shakers of flavorings with very minimal calories, and had white cheddar cheese and kettle corn.

I've so missed this nice snack.  It's filling, satisfying, really helps with that need to crunch on something but not load up on a ton of calories.  The best part is, it's low cost, low cal, and easy to flavor up the way you enjoy.

I've got to try the chocolate next!!



If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!