Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weight Loss Challenge--Week 4 and 33 Pounds Gone

It's been a great week so far!  Oh, there's been challenges for sure, but each day gets a little better as it goes along.

I weighed in Thursday, 9/25, and came in at 368 pounds.  401-368=33.  So, 33 pounds gone since I started on 9/4/14!  Yay!!  Praise the Lord!


This week brings a birthday party for our oldest child.  He turns 13.  He has requested a cake, and so he has not 1 but 2 cakes--he must share with other children.  So, I baked them, and yes, I licked the beaters.

This week has also brought about nice changes.  More inches have left, and a huge blessing came in the way of an old coat I had hanging in the closet.  Now, what in the world would an old coat have to do with a blessing?  I've had it a while, and the last 2 years, I've not been able to get the zipper to even remotely touch to zip up.  It would have a good 4 to 6 inch gap and not have a prayer of touching to zip.  Today I put it on, zipped it, and it fit nicely.  It's a 22/24.  Yes, still a plus size, but still much smaller than just 4 weeks ago.

Something I've experienced this week is how I see my size.  I measure now at a 24/26.  I *know* there are significant changes in just about every area, with fat leaving all areas and in different levels.  I *know* the scale shows a smaller number, and clothes fit much better and in smaller sizes that I was.  But in my eyes, I'm still the beginning size, and over 400 pounds as in the very first picture of me in the gray top/blue skirt.  I have heard this is a normal reaction when you've been heavy a long while.  The Lord continues to work on that, and it is my prayer if you are having this as well, that He help you see yourself as He sees you.

I've also been so encouraged by all the comments you all have been leaving.  You all are such an encouragement, and I'm also grateful to be encouraging to others who have a lot of weight to drop.  There's many of us out there who have fed the heart with food instead of the Word, who have to continually work on that temptation and try to remove it.  Just as with any sin, the Lord can and will forgive it and you can move on and live for Him.  When you are walking along the way the Lord gives you, you will have temptations, whether it's a Snickers bar, a piece of cake, an extra serving of whatever.  The devil doesn't like it when you turn away and listen to the Lord, pray for Him to help and protect you, and follow Him.  When/if you give in to temptation, pick yourself back up, start back where you were, and keep going forward.  This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon!

Remember as well to stay in His Word!  That is the most important part of the journey, for without God this is for nothing.


Matthew 4:4 - But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

God loves you so much!  Be encouraged dear friend, and keep on going!

Shared at:  The Modest Mom, Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth A Proverbs 31 Wife, What Joy Is Mine, Time Warp Wife, Cornerstone Confessions

If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear of your success! Tomorrow will be two weeks for me. I have lost 1-2 pounds only & am tempted to be discouraged because it's small. I am praying for God to change my thinking & my heart, as well as my weight. I am going to rejoice even in the small victories & persevere! You are so right about staying in the Word Angie! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are going at your own pace. Each of us has our pace that we work at. Each time I've lost weight, I've dropped a lot fast (not this fast, but pretty good clip), so this isn't unusual here. It's when the plateau hits that it gets very daunting. But with God all things are possible. Enjoy the small victories, as it's the little ones that make the big ones! I'm continuing to pray for you, for the Lord to guide and encourage you in your journey, and hold you tight when you need it. Lots of hugs!

      Delete
  2. Very good! You are making great progress with your weight loss! You are really doing well keeping at it through the weeks.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It isn't me, it's the Lord! If I didn't have the Lord this wouldn't be happening. He has been working on the temptations, the motivation to keep going, and helping to find the resources to help in the journey. :D

      Delete
  3. Way to go Angie! Isn't our God awesome! I've lost 3 lbs., wish it were more but I'm trekking on. This will be a tough week. It's been ten yrs since our 13 yr old daughter went to Heaven:(. Missing her lots and it's hard to resist the temptations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((((hugs))))) It is hard losing someone, and so so easy to dive into the ice cream and chocolate to comfort. I've done that many times over the years!! I did that actually here recently when my "second mom" passed, I way over indulged even beyond a glutton's measure....trying to fill the void. What I should have done was fill my heart more with Him instead of the ice cream. I'll be praying for you, that you are comforted by the only One who can comfort in the way we need this week.

      Lots of hugs!

      Delete
  4. YAY!!! This is great news!!! Thank you for sharing your progress at the Art of Home-Making Mondays! It is very encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The encouragement that has poured in has been wonderful, and I hope to be of encouragement to someone else who is large and wanting to drop off lots of weight too... Thank you so much for hosting your weekly link ups!

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!