Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Soups and More Soups!

Fall is the time of year for hearty soups to warm the tummy.  They fill the kitchen (and house!) with wonderful aromas, leaving you drooling while you wait for the soup to be ready.

Soups are a wonderful addition to a meal, or can be a meal in itself.  They can be very nutritious, as well as tasty, and make planning meals much easier.

My favorite soup is one I make from scratch, called "dump soup".  Why "dump soup"?  I dump in a little bit of left over this or that into a pot, and add in bone broth I've made off some chicken or turkey bones, and then fill in around the broth and left overs with whatever I can find in the veggie bin, freezer, or cupboard.  Once the soup is made, I tend to make a pot of rice, and with each bowl of soup add in a little bit of rice as well.  This is my favorite winter go to meal.

Below is a list of links to various soup recipes I've collected from across the net.  If you have one you'd like to share, by all means leave a comment with the link in it!

Gooseberry Patch Soups/Stews Recipe Round Up

Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker Recipes

Eating Well's Hearty Soup and Stews

Hearty Hamburger Soup

Taste of Cuba Soups 

Three Guys from Miami's Soups

My Big Fat Cuban Family Classic Cuban Chicken Soup

Cooking Light's 25 Best Soup Recipes

Kraft Soup Recipes

Taste of Home Soups

This is just a small list, as I make most from scratch or just refer to these or the Betty Crocker cookbook.

If you would like to add yours, leave it in the comments section for all to see!!

Shared with Time Warp Wife, Cornerstone Confessions


If you'd like to have Sunny Patch delivered to your inbox, click to subscribe today!
Subscribe to Sunny Patch Cottage by Email




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I'm like you with the dump soup! My boys like either rice with chicken, spinach & cheese, or potato with a handful of beef or pork & a bit of cheese. I pretty much never use recipes anymore, except for baking. They are fun to read & get ideas though. Thanks for sharing Angie, I'll take a look at the Cooking Light link now. Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cynthia! :) I hope you find one you'd like to try out, many of them are great tasting. We go a lot toward the Cuban ones, with hubby being Cuban and loves his black and red beans. I'm looking forward to a hearty chili myself, when it gets colder. :) Lots of hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We make a mexican style dump soup at our house! Left over beans, left over salsa, left over rice, left over chicken/taco meat, stock, left over tortillas. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds wonderful! And it is economical, using up what's already there--which is another awesome advantage! Thank you for sharing! :)

      Delete

Your graceful comments are welcome!