Monday, September 16, 2013

Confessions From Mom

I admit it--I burned supper.

I cried when I wrote the last note card to send out.

I bawled like a baby after talking with my son's new teacher at the residential facility.

I fussed with the kids this morning for refusing to get up and get ready for school and nearly missing the bus.

I'm not all put together as the way I present myself out and about.  I'm imperfect, as much as I want to do what is right, fix problems, save the day.  My supermom cape is full of holes.

Do you have days where you feel like you can't do it all, don't know how other moms do "everything" and keep sane?

Me too!

God didn't create us to do "everything".  He created us to do what He desires us to do.  It may not include making gourmet organic from scratch garnished with parsley meals.  Some days it may mean a stop at the local fast food place.  Some days it may mean running the dryer a few cycles extra when you don't get the clothes out and tended to.  Some days it is simply making yourself get out of bed and face the day and asking the Lord for a super highly full-caff dose of grace and strength to make it through the next half hour, then the next hour, then the afternoon, and so on.


A blog post I read at Not Alone sums it up well, probably much better than I could say.

"And I’m afraid. I’m in over my head. I feel spiritually paralyzed."

Have you ever felt that way?

I confess, since becoming a mom 11 1/2 years ago, I have. More times than I can count.  More than I want to count.

This is where we can trust in the Lord to guide us, carry us through, be our Comforter.

Let's remember today, this week, as we go about our days, drinking that umpteenth cup of coffee and trying to keep going, that God is in control, and He loves you!




Shared at:  The Modest Mom,  A Mama's Story  Growing Home
Walking Redeemed Time Warp Wife  Far Above Rubies  The Better Mom
Deep Roots At Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!