Saturday, January 5, 2013

This World Is Not My Home

This world is not my home, I'm just a passing thru
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue;
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Chorus:  O Lord, you know I have no friend like you,
If heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?
The angels beckon me from heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

They're all expecting me, and that's one thing I know,
My Savior pardoned me and now I onward go;
I know He'll take me thru tho I am week and poor
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

I have a loving mother up in the glory land
I don't expect to step until I shake her hand;
She's waiting now for me in heaven's open door
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.

Just up in glory land we'll live eternally,
The saints on ev'ry hand are shouting victory,
Their songs of sweetest praise
Drift back from heaven's shore
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.


--Albert Brumley








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are welcome!