Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Forward

It's the last day of 2012, and as it comes to a close, most folks look back to the year that has passed and plan ahead for the year to come. 

I'm personally not a resolution maker.  Sure, there's things I'd like to do, but if those things happen, great, if not, that's fine too.  I'd like to see my children grow more toward the Lord in the coming year, see myself and hubby grow more in the Lord as well, work more on prayer and bible study, grow more disciplined in basics around the home, and so on.  I'd love to lose more pounds that are starting to creep back on since cold weather has set in and I've not been outside working as much.  I'd dropped 35 pounds and many sizes, and they're trying to find their way back home.  I'd like to learn more ways to make best use of resources, whether physical, financial, or otherwise.  These  are basically things that have already been worked on and in progress, so no major upheavel in schedules and such, simply a continuation of projects already started.   I don't imagine these will all be completed immediatly, so no biggie. 

I'd also like to see more people coming to Christ, knowing Him as personal Lord and Savior.  This means more work on my part to get the Gospel out, whether in person or via this little blog in a tiny corner of the world.  It can be done!

I'd like to be more of an encouragement.  How can I be of encouragement to you?

Looking backward toward 2012, we've had chance to see played out in the news/media and in front of our eyes various happenings that are what the bible described.  The Middle East for one--the various Old Testament prophets told about how the different countries would fall, and one by one align themselves against Israel.  We also see how our world is becoming more and more the global one world economy and soon government and religion.  We see how the saints are being persecuted more and more, many being martyred, and how that is starting to come here even to the US, where we've been so protected for so long.

Looking ahead to 2013, we have much ahead that will be pushing us farther into a one world government/economy/religion.  God has told us what is to come in the Bible, and to see what He said would happen play out in front of our eyes should be the most exciting thing we can think of short of seeing another soul saved!  Should we be happy when bad things occur, as they have and will again?  No, but we should remember WHO is in charge, WHO takes care of us, WHO will provide for us, and WHO will be at the finish line no matter what happens.  We were not promised a life of ease when we became a child of God.  We WERE promised He'd be with us all the way through, and told to trust Him.

Dear friend, if you haven't put your trust in Jesus as your Lord and Savior, don't let 2012 end without Him!  He loves you so much, He wants to give you the gift He offers freely--forgiveness of your sins and a life of freedom within Him.  He wants you to be with Him in Heaven when it is time to leave this ol' earth.  He calls for you, will you answer Him?  Don't go to 2013 without Him! 










2 comments:

  1. Angie, I always wanted to thank you for supporting me and my blog.Your blog is going in my favorites on my page. Can't wait to read more and more. Bless you, dear friend. Hope you have a wonderful 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you so much Ashley! You are so kind! I'm glad you're back blogifying again--you have such wonderful words to share!

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Your graceful comments are welcome!